I’m working on a resource list for my Guest Artist visit to the Philadelphia Area Polymer Clay Guild this weekend. I’m giving two demos: Scribble Beads and Combining Metal & Polymer Clay. After compiling a list of online sources for various tools, supplies and reference books, I was trying to think if there was any other really useful resource, and I remembered the iMakeJewelry iphone app by Victoria Lansford.
Clearly this is designed for a very narrow market, but if you make jewelry and you have an iphone or an ipod touch, then it’s a really great tool. Among other things the application has:
- up to date metals prices
- reference info on a variety of metals & stones
- calculators for ring blank lengths, sheet & wire weights etc.
- tables with B & S gauge info & corresponding drill bit size
- conversion calculators for area, distance, mass, temperature & volume
- and a bonus tips & hints section
It’s a really handy app!