I have made a lot of progress getting my new studio set up, but it still has a ways to go. Less than two weeks ago it looked like this:
I’m sort of at a stopping point right now. I am pretty sure that the major pieces of furniture are where they are going to stay. I have always had a corner for my main work area, but when I started setting up in my new space I discovered I did not have any available corners. Two of the corners are entry/exit points. One corner has a sink (or it will have one when the plumber comes Monday to reattach the sink and its pump). The final corner has a return vent for the HVAC system. It doesn’t matter though because I like looking across at my window.
Everyone who has seen my studio has suggested that I put some sort of plants out there, but I’m thinking I should do something more like Rachel Gourley’s bamboo like tubes or stones, or maybe some kind of playful totem. That’s a project for the future.
So here are a few photos I’ve marked up with some of the changes and additions I’ve got planned.
My main work area and oven wall:
It’s going to be a Home Depot and Ikea weekend. Also, looking at all these photos, one of the most striking things to me is how empty the walls are. I think I need to get to work fixing that.